Sunday, July 22, 2012

For the birds

A while ago, Dan bought a bird feeder and two kits of make-it-yourself items: one birdhouse and another bird feeder. The pre-made one has been up for a while and the birds go nuts over that thing. So do the squirrels and rabbits.
Here's a bluejay, cardinal, and squirrel.

Dan put together the two kits and he and the kids painted the birdhouse to go in the front yard.

Here's a cute video of our kids taken last week. I love how Sam flexes his muscles and wanted to get it on camera. Sorry so much of it is blurry. I was taking it with my digital camera and I didn't know I had to manually focus it. About halfway through I figured it out, but they're always moving, so it was tough.
And proof that Afton loves pretzels.

(Isn't she gorgeous??)

Sam's handsome, too.
Yesterday we went back to the gym so that I could videotape Dan climbing the whole crack. Here it is:


This morning before church I took a few pictures of the kids.
 Sam picked out his outfit.




I used some of my knit fabric to make a skirt. I decided that with this fabric I should go with a circle skirt - not a pencil skirt. I think it turned out pretty cute. I was going to try and do cheesy poses like all the sewing bloggers out there, but I couldn't bring myself to do it... So here's the pic that shows off the skirt the best. Even though it's the one where I'm brushing away a strand of hair.
This is the first skirt I've made for myself that I'm not embarrassed to wear. So that's a start! It looks a little uneven, but I think that's just the way I'm standing.

Afton had her second-ever popsicle today.
She loved it. But it took her so long that her chin and arm are now stained a weird navy blue color.

That's all for now!

9 comments:

SAM!!! said...

cool pictures. The ones of the kids in front of the door are cute. You are a well dressed family!

C&C said...

FYI that is not Afton's first popsicle--mom and i gave her a few while we were there. Sorry you missed that milestone. And cute skirt and cute kids!

maynard said...

Those are cute photos of everyone. The skirt looks great. Dan is getting really good at rock climbing.

Fabulous Featherette said...

That popsicle does look familiar. Sorry, they do stain & create a mess....but Sammy wanted them! Great job on the skirt. You look great in it. What beautiful children. I can't believe our grandchildren are growing up so quickly.

Sarah H said...

Your skirt looks great. I've never sewn on knit before. Good job.

SAM!!! said...

I love how in the video of the kids when Sam starts running around shaking his head, Afton copies it right away. Same thing happens here..monkey see..monkey do! Love the skirt and Afton's dress is really cute:)
-Teresa

Julie said...

Awesome job on the skirt! I haven't been sewing much lately. I need to come up with some projects.

Afton is gorgeous! I love her eyes.

Fernando said...

I love the Cabbage Patch doll! I have one that looks very similar to that one (and usually ends up stripped of clothing too).

Katrina said...

Awesome skirt! I love it! Your kids are so cute too. BTW, I had muloscum on my chin when I was 9. I had them frozen off and they went away. Haven't had them since.