Yesterday Afton turned 5 months old! I can't believe she's that big already. We had a little photoshoot which quickly turned into a cry-fest.
She wore one of my old dresses to church on Sunday so I thought I'd take some pictures of that, too. That photo session also turned into a cry-fest.
Despite all her crying, she really is a joy to have in our family. She is so sweet and loves to make cute noises. She smiles a lot and has started to laugh. She will eat rice cereal with applesauce, but she doesn't really love it, so we haven't given her any for a while. She's just a little angel!
For her 5 month birthday, I FINALLY finished her crib bumpers. I'd been working on them for 6 weeks on and off. (Thanks to my mom for doing the piping!)
Before:
After:
I think she likes them! But now I'm feeling pressure to make a crib skirt.
I had some leftover fabric from the bumpers, so I made these little birds. I plan to put them on some sticks and hang them above her crib like a mobile. Got the idea here.
12 comments:
The bumpers look awesome! I like the mobile idea too!
Love the bumpers and the bird. that crib was looking like a jail cell before! Oh, and you're welcome for turning hundreds of those little fabric tubes right side out so you could have bows. That first picture of her in your old dress looks like there is a spider or something coming at her and she's scared of it.
Good job, Kristen! Love the bumpers and the birds.
OH! And happy birthday, Afton! Lucy turned 8 months yesterday. Where has the time gone?
What a cutie! Those bumpers look completely awesome!
Love the bumper! The fabric is adorable... where did you get it?!? And what a great way to use leftover fabric. I feel a craft coming on... thanks!
Love the bumper, so cute. Afton is so cute and I think she looks like Sam.
The bumper pads turned out great! I really like the pink and orange. That's so cool that you have one of your old dresses for Afton.
Love the fabric you chose! The bumpers and the birds are so cute!
They turned out great!
WOW, you are phenomenal Kristen!
Love the bumper! It turned out great!!
Post a Comment