Tuesday, January 04, 2011

New Year's Events

New Year's started off with a bike ride for Sam and Dan. Sam helped Dan fix the tire on my bike. (Dan has to ride my bike b/c it's the one with the kid seat on the back.)

 After Afton woke up, we decided to head to the zoo. We thought it would be really crowded, but we got there early and it wasn't too bad. We had a great time. The weather was kind of cool, but in the sun it was great.


Sam really likes to chase birds.

 Playing a drum in the African area.





 While we were there, we could go and feed a giraffe. We thought Sam might be scared, but he really liked it.

 Check out that tongue!
 We finished off with a ride on the carousel.
 And we took the train around Hermann Park. It was a really great morning!
Saturday was also my sister's b-day. Happy birthday, Candice!

5 comments:

C&C said...

Thanks for the bday shoutout. Cute pictures at the zoo! That one with the touseled hair is such a glamour shot.

Betsy said...

I love the picture of you and Sam, you look really good. It also looks like you guys had a great Christmas.

maynard said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
maynard said...

I could use some of that warmer weather down there. I'll be in Irving Texas next week. Let's hope it's warm.

Give Sam an enthusiastic "Hee Bee Gee Bee" for me.

Sarah H said...

I can't believe how big Sam is getting!