Sunday, February 27, 2011

Forbidden Gardens

A few weeks ago, we decided to take a trip to China (or maybe just Katy, Texas), to a little place called the Forbidden Gardens. I'm not sure I should tell you about it, since it's forbidden, but now that it's no longer in business, I think it's okay. (After like 30 years of being open, they were closing to make room for a new freeway. Like we need another one of those.)

(A little crooked, but "tevs" as Candice would say.)

 The Forbidden Gardens is home to replicas of the Terracotta Soldiers, as well as a model of the Fobidden City. It was pretty busy since it was their last weekend.







 I guess they believed in decapitation.
 Sam is so cute. He picked out his outfit.

I'm happy that we went-- just to see it. But it was past its prime, I'd say. May it rest in peace.

Can I just say that I HATE looking into the sun for pictures? I CANNOT keep my eyes open. And Sam was being shy and would therefore not even look at the camera.

1 comment:

C&C said...

I like that kid on a leash behind you in the picture of you by yourself. that place looks pretty sweet.