Sunday, November 30, 2008


HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

This year we got to spend Thanksgiving with Dan's brother and his wife in Austin, Texas. Dan's parents also flew down from Washington so it was a big party. Thanks Adam and Yinelli for letting us crash at your place for a few days! Yinelli made an awesome turkey. I didn't get any pictures. Dan, however, got a mean shot of our niece chowing down on a turkey leg.
It reminded us of this guy we saw at the TexRenFest.Or maybe this guy:
Sam got a little too much tryptophan in his system...
We played Settlers (which I used to hate but has grown on me) and some super intense Monopoly. I did not win either game. No surprise there! I stink at strategic games.
The sunset on Thanksgiving was absolutely gorgeous.

On Friday, we drove back home with Dan's parents in tow so that they could experience the Houston Space Center and see some of NASA. We took a tour to mission control. It was pretty neat to see and also hard to believe that they sent people to the moon with such basic equipment. Sam did great the whole weekend! He is a dream baby.

All in all, our Thanksgiving was wonderful. I love to spend time with Dan. Thanks to his parents for coming to visit!

7 comments:

C&C said...

2 classic pictures--dan's dad with the helmet on, and sam's head on the astronaut body. nice striped sweater! that turkey leg is huge. i decided this year that i don't like turkey all that much. or meat in general. call me ryan, circa 2 years ago.

Katrina said...

I love the picture of Sam's head on the astronaut's head too. And you look GREAT Kristen! Way to bounce back:)

Amy said...

It sounds like you guys had a great Thanksgiving! Sam is so cute! Those close up shots are priceless. Are you staying in Houston for Christmas?

SAM!!! said...

candice is becoming the beard.

Karie said...

haha. I love Sam's facial expressions. He is too cute. :)

Yin said...

It was a great Thanksgiving! we loved to have you over for the holiday it was fun!

I'm going to steal some of the pics, is that ok?(I didn't take any).

K said...

If only Sam had a 99th percentile head, he'd fill that astronaut helmet. Measly 95th percentile...