Sunday, June 21, 2009

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button = 2 hours and 43 minutes of my life wasted, never to return. Definitely the lousiest movie we've seen since Twilight, and we've seen some lousy ones--Last Chance Harvey, Valkyrie, and Paul Blart Mall Cop, for example. I can't imagine how anyone would enjoy Benjamin Button's story without first having some sort of perverse obsession with the sexual escapades of a young man in a really old man's body, but, apparently, there are a sufficient number of such persons submitting reviews on Yahoo movies to earn the movie an A- from Yahoo users. We both gave it a 1 out of 10 without reservations.

In other news, I want to wish my dad a happy father's day. Here's to a great dad!
Dad, I hope you had a good day, though you probably won't read this message, if ever, until a month from now.
And in yet more news, Sam showed off his first dance moves this weekend, other than the random shaking of the hands that is as much dancing as the random "Da!" is taken for his saying "Dad!" (You'd like to think it was dancing, and you'd like to think it was "Dad," but let's be honest, he doesn't know what he's doing.) This time, we are positive that Sam was getting jiggy with it, and the song that he chose to dignify as dance-worthy, if you're interested in knowing, was Gwen Stefani's "Ain't No Holla Back Girl." Sam's awesome.

5 comments:

Julie said...

Clint and I weren't big fans of the movie either. In fact, I didn't finish watching it because I went to bed!

That's hilarious that Sam was rocking out to Gwen!

Brady said...

I never truly danced before Hollaback Girl, either.

C&C said...

you really expected "Paul Blart, Mall Cop" to be good?! I'll tell you what's good--"DOUBT". I did like it. but kristen would hate it because it's about a child molester priest. I hope Sam busts a move in VA!

Dan said...

Actually, Paul Blart, Mall Cop was the best movie out of those mentioned. I at least felt like I got my dollar's worth with Paul Blart (though I'm sure Kristen would disagree).

SAM!!! said...

I'm really looking forward to paul blart mall cop I have such high hopes. I love me some blart. Has Kevin James ever made a bad movie??? Oh and P.s. do I detect a tiny bit of shame in your typing about Sam rocking out to gwen stefani? Clearly the kid needs more wolf t-shirt and less BYU cleavage shirt, if you know what I mean? wink wink nudge nudge.