Sunday, June 07, 2009

Is a $90 haircut worth it if you only get it cut twice a year? I NEED a haircut and the only good recommendation I've gotten from anyone is a place that costs $84 (plus tip). I can't imagine spending that much, but I haven't gotten a cut since November and it was from a beauty school in Utah ($8 total). No one ever cuts my hair well and this place has straight 5-star reviews from Citysearch. But $90? Yikes. Thoughts?

8 comments:

C&C said...

the most i have ever spent on my hair is $40 for highlights. i am cheap when it comes to my hair. although i am spoiled by PMTS (paul mitchell the school), where they do a great job on my hair and i only pay $15. there's really nowhere else that got good ratings? are you even going to get enough off to make it worth it?

SAM!!! said...

just find a beauty school and get er done!

Brady said...

Not worth it. You could go to nine different cheap places until you found a stylist that was good, and then go visit him/her forever after. Just only have them take off a quarter inch at a time.

The Callens said...

I don't know if you want to go all the way to Kingwood but I know some good people that are pretty cheap like $35 for a haircut and my sister has a really good girl that she goes to in her ward. I can find out prices anf stuff if you want to.

Theresa Valgardson-Miller said...

I would do it! You have to wear your hair everyday, so why don't get a great cut. Plus once you have a nice cut, you can get it trimmed by cheaper places. Do it!!!!

Julie said...

That's pretty steap for just a hair cut, but if you're only getting it done twice a year then maybe it's not so bad. You can always try it out once and if it's not really that great then don't go there again!

The Rowes said...

Hey Kristen,
I found you blog. YES! So anyways about the haircut... It's the age old debate with me too. I can't believe we live in one of the largest cities in the U.S. and there is no decent cheap places. I have one suggestion... the free haircut place is doing haircuts next Thursday and Friday (June 18th and 19th). If you want to risk it you could give it a whirl. If they mess up really bad then you could pay to get it fixed. Just an idea. I got my hair cut there once and it turned out fine... the teacher did cut it though. You know that's where I get my kids' hair cut. Let me know what you think and if you want more info. P.S. I love the pic of your new house. I am officially jealous. See you at Restaurant Group or Playgroup tomorrow (Thursday).

Mike, Haley, and Emma said...

I'd say worth it. But I've found really good places that will do $45 haircuts. When I go super cheap, like less than 15, it takes me 2 years to grow it all out and look normal again. IMO, it's worth it - esp. if you're only doing it twice a year.