Thursday, June 11, 2009

A Tribute

For my ninth birthday, while we were camping in San Simeon, California, I got my very first camera: the Kodak Jazz. At least, that's what I remember it being called, but I couldn't find any pictures of it online anywhere. It was flat and hot blue and totally awesome. Maybe it was the Kodak Star? Anyway, I loved that camera. Over the next few years, I took some fabulous pictures. I was looking at some of them this week and scanned a few of my favorites - either because I just think they're fun or they're sentimental.
Camping - San Simeon
Camping - San Simeon
Kirk jumping over a canal with a huge drop-off on the other side. He did it while Mom wasn't looking. Per usual, he probably could have died, but didn't.
Grandpa Cheney's 72nd b-day! I love him.
Candice will probably kill me for this, but I think she looks cute!
I don't know why Kirk is lifting his shirt. Kirk? Care to explain?
Grandpa O'Brien's grave. I wish I knew him better.
Old Faithful.
Ryan.

6 comments:

C&C said...

oh my gosh. I love these pictures! of course with the exception of my fatty picture in Moab. That Sun on my shirt is not doing my stomach any favors. WOOF! i wish i had old pictures to scan! i'll have to find my ones from our Nsync concert while i'm home this summer.

Gretchen said...

Best post ever! How did that picture of LL Cool J slip in there? Oh wait, that was MY washboard stomach.
Kirk

C&C said...

LL cool j? except you don't even look tan, never mind black!

SAM!!! said...

that is the best post ever.
Why am I always making muscle poses? what a wierdo...

Julie said...

Haha! Those pictures are awesome. Nice camera. I've never seen one like that before!

Melissa said...

that's awesome! I had a hot pink camera just like yours! Sam is so big I can't believe it! Sorry I missed your birthday big guy! Hope all is well in Texas!