BABY FOOD
I'm guessing a lot of you already do this, but no one really talked to me about it, so I thought I'd share it with you other new moms and soon-to-be moms out there. Lately I've been into making Sam's baby food. So far I've made it out of carrots, green beans, apples, and sweet potatoes. It's really easy, doesn't take very much time, and saves money!
Today I took two yams (about $1.50) and pureed them with some milk and poured it into an ice cube tray. It filled the whole thing - 16 cubes worth. So that will feed Sam 16 times! A thing of Gerber baby food that will last 4 meals costs about $1 I think so I'm saving a lot!
A site that I've found useful is http://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/.
Also, today Sam is 6 months old! I can't believe it. It's gone by so fast. He's such a fun little guy.
I'm guessing a lot of you already do this, but no one really talked to me about it, so I thought I'd share it with you other new moms and soon-to-be moms out there. Lately I've been into making Sam's baby food. So far I've made it out of carrots, green beans, apples, and sweet potatoes. It's really easy, doesn't take very much time, and saves money!
Today I took two yams (about $1.50) and pureed them with some milk and poured it into an ice cube tray. It filled the whole thing - 16 cubes worth. So that will feed Sam 16 times! A thing of Gerber baby food that will last 4 meals costs about $1 I think so I'm saving a lot!
A site that I've found useful is http://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/.
Also, today Sam is 6 months old! I can't believe it. It's gone by so fast. He's such a fun little guy.
4 comments:
Cool, thanks for sharing.
sounds delicious
I've done that with some vegetables (like sweet potatoes, etc.), but I've been wondering about how to do apples... do you boil them? I'll have to look at that web site. If you have any tips on that feel free to share:) Thanks Kristen.
I've done that with some vegetables (like sweet potatoes, etc.), but I've been wondering about how to do apples... do you boil them? I'll have to look at that web site. If you have any tips on that feel free to share:) Thanks Kristen.
Post a Comment