Thursday, November 13, 2008

It's Official! (Finally...)

Last night, Dan was sworn in as a Texas lawyer. (Pending he pays all of those pesky fees. Did you know there's an occupation tax? Ridiculous.)

Sam and I were invited for the occasion. We even got our own name tags. Pretty sweet deal.
After lots of various speeches, Dan held up his right had and repeated after somebody that he basically wouldn't be a crooked lawyer. We celebrated by picking up some Taco Bell on the way home.

Major flash in this picture, but aren't his eyes beautiful? I used to hope he'd get green eyes like Dan and me, but now I kind of hope they'll stay blue. We'll see what happens.

2 comments:

Betsy said...

Congrats, it must feel good for him to officially be done. Hooray!

K said...

A minister and a lawyer arrived at the pearly gates, Saint Peter greeted both of them and gave them their room assignments.
"Pastor, here are the keys to one of our nicest efficiency units. And for you, sir, the keys to our finest penthouse suite."
"This is unfair!" cried the minister.
"Listen," Saint Peter said, "ministers are a dime a dozen up here, but this is the first lawyer we've ever seen."

Just thought I'd get that kicked off for you. I'm sure you'll hear them for the rest of your life.